An accurate litigation hold is the most important step in the e-Discovery process. If even one potentially relevant unstructured file is missed, the outcome of an entire matter may change. Conversely, over-collecting and preserving to ensure you have missed nothing is expensive. Holding an e-mail with Aunt Mabel’s recipe for apple crisp, while important for family gatherings, only adds to the expense and complexity of e-discovery.
VeHOLD™ is an agent-based litigation hold application that allows you to manage this important step.
VeHOLD allows a designated administrator(s) to control and automate the litigation hold process right from a designated desktop. VeHOLD can accurately minimize the size of the electronically stored information (ESI) collected and then send the potentially relevant ESI to a secure storage location.
VeAGENT, a Java-based and patent-pending component of VeHOLD, is installed on each targeted custodian. Installation can be done remotely. Once installed the administrator simply enters requisite criteria (date range, custodian, file type and terms), into the command console and VeHOLD identifies relevant ESI from designated laptops, desktops, e-mail servers, mobile devices or other data servers. Once the first pass filter identifies potentially relevant data it is then sent to VeDISCOVERY™’s cloud-based SaaS platform for preservation.
VeHOLD can work retroactively and proactively by collecting all existing data and then, if desired, by continuing to collect new relevant ESI as it occurs. Since VeHOLD is automated the collection and quarantine process can be scheduled to operate at night minimizing the impact on other business processes.
The first pass data filtering accurately de-nists, de-dupes, and filters the ESI based on criteria entered by the administrator. Since it does this at the custodian level this substantially narrows the data set collected minimizing downstream storage and processing costs.
Preserving the data in VeDISCOVERY’s cloud-based SaaS platform, or other designated storage facility, minimizes the risk of spoliation due to inadvertent or intentional destruction of relevant ESI.
The VeCOMMAND™ console and VeHOLD also work seamlessly with our VeRESTORE™ services. This solution can be tailored to specific corporate needs for an immediate quarantine of archived tape backup data or a methodical rebuild of relevant custodial data over time.
- Meets criteria as set forth in Zubalake and Pension Comm.
- Eliminates the need for, and potential mishaps associated with custodial and/or IT collection of ESI
- Minimizes exposure to sanctions due to spoliation of ESI by inadvertent or intentional destruction of ESI
- Manages and engages a litigation hold from a desktop computer
- Collects forensically and legally defensible ESI
- Assesses and filters ESI prior to actual collection
- Reduces costs associated with exponential and unnecessary collection of non-relevant ESI
- Manages and updates litigation hold as warranted
- Provides a simple interface that expedites issuance and management of a litigation hold
- Automates the collection of ESI so no business interruption occurs
- Creates a cost-effective application that is tailored to client’s demand